Oh yes, this is the best time of year to have some reading marathons (instead of watching tv) :p Too bad I can't say I had some quality reading time.
There have been couple of things bothering me when reading a story. This goes both to writers and readers.
Let's start with readers. Comments like - "write more NOW!" or "You should totally do this/that" won't make me want to write more or faster - that's if I would write in the first place. Or better yet "OMGZ LIEK TEH BESTEZ STORY EVA" - Um... I think it's about time to clean your keyboard, your capslock seems to be STUCK! Not to mention - I'm not quite sure what language you were writing in! Leave those freaking acronyms for chat or sms-ing when you really need to save letter space.
Writers. For most of the time I prefer to call them authors. It's hard to call you a writer when:
1. your story consists of plain dialog
2. you don't type out full words but use acronyms (same goes for numbers)
3. you are too lazy to use spellcheck (it's not that hard, really)
4. you can't be bothered to do some basic research on the topic you chose for your story (you can't feel a baby kick in the first month of pregnancy and you don't start having all pregnancy symptoms next morning after sexual intercourse)
5. you can't be bothered to check how to write main character names properly (it's Seeley not Seely and Tempe not Temp)
6. you let readers decide what will happen next in the story (better yet - you initiate reader wars to decide which pairing should win)
7. you make readers leave a certain amount of comments or you won't write more (do me a favor - just DON'T write at all)
Constructive criticism. Dear reader - "Your story sucks" is not a criticism, it's a flame. Dear writer - bitching because I pointed out (nicely) some basic stuff you should or shouldn't do, deleting my comment and going bitching some more that I'm a bad guy - makes me wonder just how old you are. Can't take criticism? Well maybe you should disable commenting then.
P.s. I apologize for the rant. But I really, really wanted to get this off my chest!
*hops off the soap box*